Thursday, January 16, 2014

Mother-daughter Workouts


As you may know, my youngest daughter does 5k races with me, and I enjoy the time spent with her.  As for my weight lifting, she has always been supportive of my lifting, but never shown an interest.  That is until just recently.  I had her taking pictures of me lifting 120lbs, and in between pics, I told her to try and lift it.  She is just a tiny thing and just weighs 100lbs, but she managed to get the 120lbs off the floor an inch.  She was so excited.



Much to her dismay, I made her start much much lighter, but she has a competitive nature, so she won't settle for light weight for long.  Now she is asking when we can go and lift together.  It's great to be able to share my passion with someone else in the family!  She even told me she now has new found respect for what I do.
:)

My youngest daughter doing her first deadlifts :)