Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Quick & Easy Sweet Treat

 Sometimes, especially when I am really careful about counting my calories, I get a craving for something sweet.   I was happy when I came across this easy and delicious recipe.  It's so simple, you won't believe it.  It's called the 3-2-1 recipe.
All you need is one box of angel food cake mix and another box of a regular cake mix in a flavour you like (I chose lemon for my mix).



Next step is to mix the two boxes together in a zip bag or a tupperware - something to keep it in.  

To make a single serving, take a mug that is microwavable, and put 3 tablespoons of the cake mixture in, then add 2 tablespoons of water to the mix in the cup.


Mix the water (2 tablespoons) and the cake mix (3 tablespoons)together, then stick it in the microwave for 1 minute  (hence the 3-2-1)



Here is the "cake" hot out of the microwave.  Smells delicous! 


It is light and fluffy and just the right amount to satisfy my sweet tooth.  This is a lemon mix with the angel food mix.  If you try a different type of cake mix, let me know what flavour and how you liked it.  I'd love to hear!  
Be sure to remember that one of the cake mixes must be angel food.