Saturday, February 23, 2013

My First "Real" Race! I am so excited!!!


I am doin' it!!!  That is the slogan for the Forest City Road Race on April 28th, and that is what I am telling people: I'm doin' it!!  This will be my first "real" race; I have done many virtual races, but never wanted to do a real race all by myself.  I was invited to this one by a friend, and I figured why not?



Race Donation Page   (click here)

I have a lot of training to do to be able to run 5k without any walk breaks, but I have until April 28th to train.  I won't neglect my strength training (still my favourite exercise), but now I have to add more running.  Let's hope spring gets here soon so I can do more training outside!!

The day of the race will be the first anniversary of my mother's passing, so I will be running in honour of her.  <3 Love you and miss you Mom <3


Follow my 5k training on here on my blog and on my Facebook page My Journey To Getting Fit & Healthy.  I also welcome any advice from all of you seasoned runners!!  :)




Only 3 More Days for My Energy Bits Giveaway

Don't forget to enter my EnergyBits giveaway (enter HERE).  When February is over, so is my giveaway!!





Born Raw Sale Ends Feb 24th
Sale ends this Sunday Feb 24th!!
Click here to go to Born Raw Gym Clothing