Sunday, April 21, 2013

Only 6 days.......


I can't believe it, only 6 days left until I run my first 5k race.  I am so totally excited, but terrified at the same time.  Knowing that I can't run the full distance, and I'll have to run/walk, I am worried that I will make a fool of myself.
I have been training, but the weather has been off and on (it snowed yesterday!!) and I just don't feel like I get as good of a training session on the dreadmill.
Today was cool but sunny, so I took two of the dogs (Lola and Lily) and my two daughters, and went for a training run at the local conservation area.
My newest running partner, Lily. She loves the outings!

My daughters and my dogs ;)

I felt better about the upcoming race after my run.  I will not be the fastest (likely the last to cross the finish line), but I am doing it and therefore beating everyone who doesn't even try.