Thursday, May 2, 2013

My First 5k Race!!

Crossing the finish line.


I actually did it!!  I ran my first 5k race and survived.....and I loved it!  It was a beautiful day, and I was nervous about running/walking the race, but after getting started and seeing many others doing the same thing, I relaxed and enjoyed myself.  My youngest daughter even ran the race with me (my original race partner ended up with the flu and was too sick to run).

My daughter before the race
Me before the race




Me crossing the finish line with a chip time of 45:29
 I crossed the finish line with a chip time of 45:29.  Not fast, but I was by no means in last place :)  We all have to start somewhere.
I was so pleased with the encouragement from spectators and volunteers along the whole route.  It really helps you along, and keeps you motivated along the route :) :)



My daughter crossing the finish line



A big surprise from all of this is that my daughter now wants to run more races and is excited about it! It's going to be nice to share upcoming races with her :)

With our finisher medals


So, now we have the racing "bug" and have signed up for a race in May, June, and are looking at a night-time one in July....plus for sure a Halloween race with prizes for the best costumes.  Yep, we're hooked!  :)