Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Second Race, a New PR and "Pardon My Streaking!!"


I guess I am now officially addicted to races.  I just ran my second 5k race this past weekend, and have another 5k race in 2 weeks :)  Plus, I am looking at others close by that my daughter and I can run. 
This run was to raise money for Ronald McDonald House in Ontario, so it was also for a good cause.  Luckily the day was sunny but cooler (no heat and humidity - yay!), and I am hoping we'll luck out and have cooler weather for the next race too.

My daughter coming up to the finish line.

I am not a fast runner, and I never will be, but I am happy to report that I beat my time from my last 5k race.    My last race was 45:29 and I finished this race with a time of 42:54.  I am hoping to finish my next race just a little faster :) :)  Always pushing!!

Me heading to the finish line.



 RUNNING STREAK

I've decided that I will be streaking this summer!!  Don't worry, it's not what it sounds, it's a challenge from Runner's World that has challengers running a mile a day from May 27th to July 4th and using the hashtag #rwrunstreak.  If you'd like to follow me, I am posting on my Twitter and on my Instagram (links to the right of the page).