Tuesday, June 11, 2013

SMGH Run for Health 5k Race Recap


This past Sunday was my third 5k race, and my first race in the heat.  My first two races were much, much cooler and I really noticed the difference.  Unfortunately I didn't beat my time from my last race (which was my goal), but I did finish. 
 My daughter ran with me, and she hadn't been feeling 100% for the couple of days leading up to the race, and the heat took a toll on her too.  A couple of times she looked like she wouldn't finish, but when I asked if she wanted to quit she said she wasn't a quitter!!  

My daughter crossing the finish line

Coming up to the finish line.
 The race was a small local race to raise funds for the local hospital.  There were a good number of runners for the 3k, 5k and 10k races.  The only complaint that I had was that we had to run on the road with the traffic with NO signs warning cars that there was a race and to watch out for runners.   A few times, my daughter and I had to get off of the road because we weren't sure if the oncoming car was going to get over and give us room.  Kinda scary!
Hopefully if they hold the race again next year, they'll have it a little better planned!!