Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Little Lost



I haven't been posting for quite a few months...sorry about that.  I suffer from SAD (seasonal affective disorder) and on top of losing my mother in 2012, it's just been a tough year.  My son (my oldest) left the nest to go to school, and to top everything off, my running partner, Rosie, suddenly passed away on Dec 22nd after giving birth to 6 puppies.
Rosie



 It was a busy Christmas!  We had to bottle-feed 5 little munchkins (one didn't make it) who just like babies, needed to eat every 2 or 3 hours!  It did help me take my mind off of missing my mom (first Christmas without her - she spent every Christmas with us).



 My husband and I were both sleep-deprived over Christmas until the pups could go a little longer between feedings.


We have become so attached to these "babies" of ours, that we just have to keep one.  We know we can't replace our Rosie, but we can keep one of the babies that she left in our care.  We already have one of Rosie's babies from a previous litter, Lola.

Lola


This is the baby that we have decided to keep, and we are calling her Lily Rose :)


   All of them are super-sweet and it was hard to chose only one!!!  We will be very, very choosey about who gets to take the other babies home!!