Thursday, August 2, 2012

August Fitness Goals


At the beginning of the month (or the year), I have great plans and goals, but then a few weeks later, I have often fallen off the wagon.

This month, I am blogging my goals for August so I can be held accountable by my readers.


My goals for August are:

-to run more frequently
   I had stopped running a year ago due to an injury, and now have been a little scared to really start up again.


-finish "Sara -Use it to lose it"'s  August challenge (https://www.facebook.com/SaraUseIt2LoseIt/events) I have challenged myself to running 36 miles (9 miles per week) in August and 120+ minutes per week of strength training
   The 120 min of strength training per week is no problem.  I already do 1 to 1.5hrs of strength per day 5 or 6 days a week.  It's the miles I have to work on.


-prep for a Labour Day 5 mile virtual run hosted by Mommy, Run Fast 
  One more goal to aim for with my running.  I really LOVED running before my hip injury, I just have to get back at it and build up my cardio endurance.

-do a #plankaday
  This one will be hard because I absolutely HATE planks.  No ifs ands or buts about it - I do not like planks, but they are a great ab exercise.  I am hoping that if I get better at planks, I will like them???  Keeping my fingers crossed.


Those are my goals, and I plan on blogging at the end of each week to let you in on my progress.  Hopefully this will keep me on track knowing I have to be accountable!!