Tuesday, June 25, 2013

New Workout Plan

When I do strength training, I get bored very fast.  I can do a workout for 4 weeks max before I get really bored.  I just finished doing Kris Gethin's DTP and loved it!!  It was lots of heavy weights, and lots and lots of reps - very challenging and I did see muscle development and strength gains.



Now I've totally changed it up and am doing more of a circuit HIIT workout with the "Clutch Cut" by Ashley Conrad.  I must say, I have only done 2 workouts and I am pooped by the end, but feel amazing!! It's a 21 day program (perfect for me) and I can't wait to see if I drop some pounds from it (fingers crossed!!)



I've got to get back outside for my training runs and get used to running in the heat and humidity.  My daughter and I have another 5k race in mid-July and the Colour Race (YAY!!!) in August.  The mosquitoes are trying to carry us away on our usual training trails. 
 Does anyone have any chemical-free bug spray ideas that actually work?  I hate being eaten alive, but I also have spraying DEET on my daughter and I before each run too :(