Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Liebster Award


I was pleasantly surprised when Adrienne from See Adrienne Run nominated me for a Liebster award.  :)  Thank you Adrienne! 

The Liebster award is an online award that is by bloggers and for bloggers, and generally the bloggers nominated have a small following, or are someone who you think deserves recognition. 

Here are the Liebster Award rules that I got from Adrienne's page:

The Liebster Award Rules

1. You must link back to the person who nominated you
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you
3. You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award (with a small following)
4. You must create 10 questions for your nominees
5. You must go to their blogs and notify the nominees


Here are the questions that Adrienne gave me, and my answers:

1. Where are you from, and what is your favourite part about your city?
I live in rural Ontario, Canada.  I don't live in a city, but in the country and I love nature.  I was born and raised a farm girl and I love it <3

2.  Do you have any pets, and if so, what kind and names?


My 3 horses are Legacy, Jet & Flame, the two dogs in the top right pic are Libby and Angus.  The dog in the bottom left pic is Gracie, and the Pugs are Lily, Lola & Maggie.  
Legacy and Flame are over 20 years old, and I've had them longer than my hubby - lol.


3.  If you had just won the lottery what would be the first thing you would purchase?
Probably another horse and maybe a French Bulldog (love those dogs!!).  What can I say, I love animals.  I used to be a veterinary technician, and always wanted to bring home every unwanted pet!

4.  What is your favourite season and why?
 I love autumn.  The colours, the smells, it's just a very gorgeous time of year.

5.  What is your hidden talent?
I can draw fairly well, and I am good at photography.  

6.  Who is your biggest celebrity crush?
 Hmmmm.....I really like the Daryl Dixon character from The Walking Dead, so I guess I'd have to say Norman Reedus. 

7.  What is your favourite movie of all time?
I love The Man from Snowy River.  I can't count how many times I've watched that movie - awesome riding skills!! 

8.  If you could have one superpower what would it be and why?
After reading Carrie by Stephen King when I was a teen, I thought that telekinesis would be really cool, but I don't really think so now.

9.  Why did you start your blog? 
I started my blog as part of an online fitness contest I was in with Fighter Diet . I never planned on keeping it after the contest was over, but blogging grew on me :)

10.  To date, link your fave blog post you have written.  
My favourite blog post was my post on my first 5k race.  I was so proud to have ran a 5k race! http://fitandhealthyjourney.blogspot.ca/2013/05/my-first-5k-race.html



Here are the 10 bloggers that I have chosen to nominate for a Liebster Award:

1.  Dontaye @ This Girl Lifts
2.  Annie @ Strong Brees
3. Cynthia @ You Signed Up For WHAT?
4. Patty @ Reach Your Peak
5. Brian @ Strides
6. Crystal @ Running With Rhyno
7. Kris @ Canadian Girl Runs
10. Miranda @ The Cupcake Triathlete

.....and here are the 10 questions I have for you:
  1. Why did you start blogging?
  2. Do you have any "furbabies"? If you do, tell us a little about them.
  3. Who do you admire the most and why?
  4. What is a habit that you had that you are most proud of breaking?
  5. What is your favourite holiday?
  6. What would be your dream job?
  7. What is the first website you check when you turn on your computer/phone?
  8. What did you study in university/college? Would you do something different if you could go back?
  9. Who is your biggest celebrity crush?
  10. If you could do a workout/run with anyone, who would you chose?
I can't wait to read all of your answers!  Have fun with it, and don't forget to link back here and to nominate 10 people yourself.