Thursday, September 19, 2013

Running, how I have missed you


You might remember from my last post, that I was suffering from a horrible case of hives - even the ER doc went "WOW!!" when he saw me (and it takes alot for me to go and see a dr, so you know it was a bad case). It took over a week for the majority of the hives to leave, and I was left with a few random patches of hives.   Being on mega-doses of Benadryl left me so sleepy that I didn't workout (that plus, heat will bring out more hives, so workouts were a no-no).  I really missed my weights and my running :( :(

Yesterday it was a beautiful late summer/early fall day and I couldn't resist the urge to run again!!
It felt so good to get out on the trails.  We had a major thunderstorm pass through the area while I was "sick", so there were some changes in my trails (trees down, branches down, streams where there normally aren't).  It is amazing how a trail can change in just a couple of weeks!! 

I can't wait to get out for a run again today :)

Happy trails everyone!


The leaves are turning colour already???

Trail obstacles due to the recent storm

Obstacle to climb over & through :)

Fall is a beautiful time of year