Thursday, November 21, 2013

My Current Diet Motivation



Lately I have been struggling with my weightloss.  I just haven't been able to stick to my eating plan (I don't call it a diet), for the past few weeks, I have been indulging in things that I really shouldn't, and nibbling on all sorts of "goodies".  The scale has gradually been inching upwards. :(  I work so hard to get the pounds off, and then I let them creep back on, and then I get angry with myself.   My exercise is always great, it's my eating that I have trouble controlling.  I've been looking for a new sort of motivation.  Enter, DietBet.

I saw on Facebook, that an online friend was hosting a "dietbet".  I was curious, so I clicked on the link she provided and saw the Dietbet page.  On Dietbet, all who enter a "game", bet the required amount (this one was $25) and it gets entered into the pot.  When the game starts, you send a picture of your weight on the scale, then you have 4 weeks to lose 4% of your weight.  All of those who lose their 4%, get a share of the pot.  If you don't, the money you bet is left in the pot and you lose your money.
I'm fairly cheap, so this has been great incentive for me to stick to my eating plan so I lose weight - I don't want to lose my $25!  LOL!

So far, the Dietbet is working, the scale is moving in the right direction!  I am excited to see the scale moving in the right direction, that I am motivated to keep with it!  I still have 3 weeks left, and I can't wait to see how much I can lose by the end of the 4 weeks :)