Friday, April 11, 2014

Upcoming Race & Injury Update


You might remember that I fell down my stairs last Sunday and hurt my left leg and sprained my toes/foot.  (to read the blog post click here).  Real smart move, as I had just signed up for a 5k the following Sunday.

So I haven't been able to run all week, except one small run/walk to test everything out.  I will do the race, but likely only be able to run/walk the race.  I am kinda upset with myself, but I don't want to push running too much and delay healing of my foot & leg because I have another race in just 2 weeks.  My daughter, the sweetie, said she'll stay with me during the race and we'll "run" it together.  :)

Wish me luck, and I'll let you know how it went.  Oh, and please pray for nice weather, they are forecasting lots of rain for Sunday.

Lola is very sad because we haven't been doing training runs :(